Showing results 1 to 25 of 145
Search took 0.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: S Viemeister[_1_]
Forum: Europe December 2nd, 2007, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 93
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Tourist expenses in the UK?

wrote:

..IT IS EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THE DOLLAR IS WAY
BEHIND THE EURO. WHEN I WENT, IT WAS EQUAL, BUT IT WAS STILL
EXPENSIVE.

Please don't...
Forum: Europe November 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 138
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
New member here! How many countries have you visited?

Mike... wrote:

Following up to Mike.... wrote:

can i add 2 more for Canaries and Madiera? How about Shetland?
Hey thats the 10!

Iceland!!! I...
Forum: Europe November 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Tesco Tea heathrow

Martin wrote:

I expected you to ask what sort of person buys Philadelphia brand cream cheese.

I imagined Mixi buying it as a special Xmas treat.

I use it as an ingredient in a coffee ring.
Forum: Europe November 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Tesco Tea heathrow

Doesn't Frequently Mop wrote:

Viemeister put forth:
Yep. Even stuff like cream cheese. Philadelphia brand cream cheese as
sold in the US, is not at all the...
Forum: Europe November 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Tesco Tea heathrow

tim (not at home) wrote:

No, but I do think that they will source something from a local importer
that matches the local 'taste' and put it in a bag with their name on. Try
buying an...
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2007, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2,655
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

Tim C. wrote:

Following up to S Viemeister :

The Reid wrote:

for me the space has more utility than the microwave. I reckon I can
do fish same...
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2007, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2,655
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

I use it for heating up leftovers, but very rarely for cooking anything.
I don't like the noise, and it also interferes with wi-fi, bluetooth
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

The Reid wrote:

for me the space has more utility than the microwave. I reckon I can
do fish same or better on a hot dry griddle, the rest I dont really do
much or are concerned about.
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2,655
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

The Reid wrote:

Following up to S Viemeister wrote:

And there's one less gadget cluttering up my kitchen.

thats my attitude to microwaves! :-)
Forum: Europe July 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2,655
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

Keith Anderson wrote:

I have a similar genetic defect. No matter what I do, the rice is
either too soggy, too hard, or it sticks to the bottom of the pan and
needs a blow-torch or a howitzer...
Forum: Europe July 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 133
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Heathrow losing customers due to 1 bag rule

Alan S wrote:

I've deliberately chosen to plan to depart from Gatwick next
year instead of Heathrow. Do you know for sure whether or
not they are enforcing the same rules there?

I...
Forum: Air travel July 21st, 2007, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 80

Alan S wrote:

I've deliberately chosen to plan to depart from Gatwick next
year instead of Heathrow. Do you know for sure whether or
not they are enforcing the same rules there?

I...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2007, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Calling from europe with cell

S Viemeister wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
Your cell phone won't work in Europe- it's incompatible...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2007, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Calling from europe with cell

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

teak wrote:

I have a virgin moble.

Virgin Mobile USA.
Forum: Europe July 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2,655
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
17 yr old jailed after holiday flirt in Turkey

The Reid wrote:

Following up to B wrote:

haemophilia survives like that, doesn't it.

I don't know; does it increase fertility in the female?

Forum: Europe June 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 146
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Day Trips in Europe

The Reid wrote:

Following up to Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

They're a very good way to see Edinburgh. Get a day ticket for
Lothian Buses and a route...
Forum: Europe June 26th, 2007, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 146
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Day Trips in Europe

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

I've had some pretty relaxing bus journeys. Urban bus journeys are
generally not so great though.

They're a very good way to see Edinburgh. Get a day...
Forum: Europe June 22nd, 2007, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
Low-cost London flights arrive in New York

Iceman wrote:

On Jun 22, 5:11 am, B wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:07:11 -0700, BorisGoodenuff

wrote:

He said the carrier is...
Forum: Europe June 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 222
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
American learns how the French teach English

B Vaughan wrote:

I find that having studied Italian and Spanish enables me to translate
a lot of Latin inscriptions.

Like you, I resisted the study of Latin, doing German, Spanish, and
Italian...
Forum: Europe June 20th, 2007, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 222
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
American learns how the French teach English

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:
There's quite a body of research that shows that learning music
improves skills in other areas, especially math.
Forum: Europe June 19th, 2007, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 57
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
best exchange rate: ATM versus Credit Card

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Rolf wrote:

Hi:
We're traveling to Norway & Sweden from the US and would like to
know if we're better off getting NOKs and SEKs from ATMs...
Forum: Europe June 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
question on ticketing- Manchester-Lockerbie (and Dumfries)

S Viemeister wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)...
Forum: Europe June 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
question on ticketing- Manchester-Lockerbie (and Dumfries)

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
Oh, I agree it's on topic, but should get a quicker answer with the
other group! :) Still, I shouldn't have said anything, just to see which
group...
Forum: Europe June 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
question on ticketing- Manchester-Lockerbie (and Dumfries)

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

[]

Aargh- not for the first time this year, this wasn't meant for this
group!...
Forum: Europe June 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By S Viemeister[_1_]
3 month EU visas

William Black wrote: