Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: James Robinson
Forum: Air travel June 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

Sancho Panza wrote:

On 6/21/2012 7:02 PM, James Robinson wrote:
Sancho wrote:

On 6/21/2012 4:22 PM, James Robinson...
Forum: Air travel June 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

"Graham Harrison" wrote:

"DevilsPGD" wrote:

Sancho Panza said:

In view of the experience...
Forum: Air travel June 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

Sancho Panza wrote:

On 6/21/2012 4:22 PM, James Robinson wrote:

Sancho wrote:

Sancho ...
Forum: Air travel June 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

Sancho Panza wrote:

Sancho Panza said:

That is analogous to the question surrounding the event that got
JetBlue its most...
Forum: Air travel June 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

DevilsPGD wrote:

A more interesting question, from a total layman, is this: If they
were willing to fly around in circles for hours, why not fly people to
their...
Forum: Air travel June 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 19
Posted By James Robinson
Is It True That A-320 Can't Dump Fuel?

Sancho Panza wrote:

In view of the experience of the JetBlue flight that had hydraulic
problems on departing Las Vegas for New York and had to fly around Vegas
for...
Forum: Air travel October 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By James Robinson
Airplane Literally Held Together With 'Duct Tape'?

Ablang wrote:

Airplane Literally Held Together With 'Duct Tape'?
by Caroline Morse, SmarterTravel Staff - October 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Has notoriously cheap airline Ryanair...
Forum: Air travel October 22nd, 2011, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By James Robinson
CyberFlying???

Tom P wrote:

Cell phones do generate a lot of electronic RFC noise, so I can
understand why they are not allowed. What annoys me is being forbidden
to turn on a GPS...
Forum: Air travel February 23rd, 2011, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By James Robinson
Are Airlines Allowed to Fly With No One in Exit Row Seats?

Sancho Panza wrote:

Just a question to settle a friendly disagreement.

It depends. I know European regulations require someone to be seated in the
exit row on larger...
Forum: Air travel April 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By James Robinson
Will you fly Spirit with its new carry-on bag fee?

" wrote:

Hey all

Just wondering what others think of Sprits new carry-on bag fee. I
have never flown that airline and with that fee I don't think I ever
Forum: Air travel February 19th, 2010, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 25
Posted By James Robinson
Frontline documentary on the problems with regionals

"Morgans" wrote:

"James Robinson" wrote

In the NTSB presentations at the public hearing, they noted that
Colgan Air presented a video on...
Forum: Air travel February 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 25
Posted By James Robinson
Frontline documentary on the problems with regionals

FlyCherokee wrote:

On Feb 17, 5:02*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

As I was watching the special and they described how the captain
reacted to the...
Forum: Air travel February 17th, 2010, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 25
Posted By James Robinson
Frontline documentary on the problems with regionals

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

FlyCherokee wrote:

The accident itself is still a mystery to me. I only saw the first
half of the show, but that part...
Forum: Air travel February 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM Posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.travel.air
Replies: 54
Posted By James Robinson
Director Kevin Smith Kicked Off Southwest Flight for 'Being Fat'

DevilsPGD wrote:

James Robinson was claimed to have wrote:

"Mr. Goodfat" wrote:

Forum: Air travel February 15th, 2010, 11:50 PM Posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.travel.air
Replies: 54
Posted By James Robinson
Director Kevin Smith Kicked Off Southwest Flight for 'Being Fat'

"Mr. Goodfat" wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/features/odd-news/ktla-kevin-smith,0,3607084.story

None of the comments I've read support his position. People more or less...
Forum: Air travel January 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By James Robinson
No carry on allowed

dockyard wrote:

Hi all. We are travelling to the USA from canada at the end of the
month. With the new rules regarding no carry ons i was wondering what
everyone is...
Forum: Air travel December 1st, 2009, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By James Robinson
A Double-wide in a Single Seat (Sortof)

A rather large passenger supposedly with only one seat reservation:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/unusual-attitude/

Nothing that says how it was handled.
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2009, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By James Robinson
Nonstop, Anchorage - Germany?

AES wrote:

"Jeff Hacker" wrote:

LTU - to Dusseldorf - doesn't run daily. Since they are now part of
the Air Berlin group, I'd suggest you check...
Forum: Air travel November 12th, 2009, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By James Robinson
Nonstop, Anchorage - Germany?

AES wrote:

There's allegedly at least one non-stop from Anchorage to some German
city -- anyone know about this?

(Based on a quick search, it doesn't seem to be...
Forum: Air travel October 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By James Robinson
Meeting at CDG

"singlemalt" wrote:

"James Robinson" wrote:

"singlemalt" wrote:

My two adult offspring are to meet each other at CDG in...
Forum: Air travel October 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By James Robinson
Meeting at CDG

"singlemalt" wrote:

My two adult offspring are to meet each other at CDG in about 10 days.
Is there a single, unmistakable place they could meet where there
would be not...
Forum: Air travel September 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By James Robinson
Helicopter scheduled airlines

aomd88 wrote:

Hi

I am just curious about which airlines do operate scheduled flights
with helicopters. So far, the ones I know of a

British International between...
Forum: Air travel June 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By James Robinson
Air France jet 'disappears' over Atlantic.

Robert Cohen wrote:

parachutes

not one chute, perhaps beacoup chutes ready in the cargo-luggage
place, a button (or automatic doodad)
is pushed and as the cargo...
Forum: Air travel June 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By James Robinson
Air France crash

(Jerome R. Long) wrote:

An AA A300 lost its rudder and crashed in Queens in October 2001.
This was due to over correction for wake turbulence from a JAL 747.
Is it not plausible...
Forum: Air travel June 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By James Robinson
Air France jet 'disappears' over Atlantic.

"BartC" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

From today's New York Times: