Old June 22nd, 2014, 11:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default US airports: 'menacing, cramped and devoid of humanity'

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:20:01 +0000 (UTC), Erilar

wrote:

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message

I grumble about the size of O'Hare in Chicago, but there are water
fountains.

I may not be a typical traveller, but the availability or otherwise of
water fountains has never figured at all in my evaluation of Airports.
Has Erilar even flown into, or out of Geneva. There is a GIGANTIC water
fountain quite near the Airport.

Not one of my goals. I!ve only been in one Swiss airports, and that was
Zurich on departure, so I did have coins and don't remember hunting for a
free drink.(Ihad flown INto FRA that trip)

You bought drinks from a machine with Euros in Swiss Franc land?

Doesn't seem at all unreasonable. IIRC you can pay to park your car in
Strabane using Euro

The place to go for free drinks at Zurich airport used to be the Swiss Air
business class lounge.

and the entry criteria for such is?

You might just as well argue that the best place for free drinks in London
is the House of Lords bar.

(FTAOD, no I suspect that the drinks aren't actually free)

tim