Old June 25th, 2011, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alexander Arnakis[_2_]

Default Recommendations for car rental from Athens Airport

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 13:42:11 +0200, Tom P wrote:

If Dan wants to rent a car at Athens airport, then let him rent a car at
Athens airport for heaven's sake.

I can't think of many things more mind-blowingly stupid than wasting
half a day dragging my luggage through the strike-ridden mysteries of
Greek public transport to get to a car rental depot somewhere on the
other side of Greece when I could just walked into a car rental office
at the airport. Not to mention doing the whole thing in reverse at the
end of the trip.

Just about everything around the Athens airport, including car
rentals, taxis, currency exchanges, and the (one) hotel, is a ripoff.
About the only reasonably-priced service is the express bus to Athens
center (less than 4 euro fare, as opposed to a minimum of 40 euro for
cab fare).