Old May 8th, 2011, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Myron Buck

Default Late June in Oz?

On May 7, 9:01*pm, "Gerrit" wrote:
"Myron Buck" wrote in message

On May 7, 12:14 pm, Myron Buck wrote:

Temps and prices have an effect on our itinerary, but we can imagine
spending about $3000 each on this outing.

I should add that this includes airfare from HK. So our 'land budget'
in Oz is about $2000 each.

Fly to Perth. Rent a camper and drive to Karajini National Park. Then make
your way to Exmouth and explore the Ningaloo Reef. Drive back down to Perth
via Kalbarrie.
More than enough for two weeks.

Gerrit - Oz

Hey Gerrit...I'm looking online at that itinerary, and it looks great!
Some good road miles, some interesting stops, and plenty of places to
park a campervan and hang out. What are the rules on camping in the
bush? Do you have to use a commercial or public campground if one is
available, or can you just pull off anywhere you want? And what about
fishing...looks like the river fishing season is closed for June/July,
but what are the rules for sal****er casting?

And last...if you are in that region, can you recommend a good
campervan rental agency? There are several out there, but an 'insiders
recommendation' is always best.

Thanks