Old January 17th, 2012, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Booking Celebrity Cruises on Board

On 1/15/2012 8:27 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
We are heading out in Mid February on our annual cruise on Celebrity and
are thinking about booking '13s while on board. What are the perks
involved instead of just booking through the website?

The best way to do this is to get an "open booking" You will get the
OBC when you decide when and where you want to cruise. The deposit is
$100 per person, but if you are looking at a cruise well into the
future, get one future cruise certificate and when you do book, add the
other person. This way you are out only $100 until you decide on your
future cruise. If you are absolutely certain about the cruise you want
to take, it might make sense to get a certificate for each one of you
because you will only have to pay $200 to book the cruise until final
payment.

Figure out which way works best for your needs.

I booked a Celebrity cruise on board a Royal Caribbean ship and just got
off a Celebrity ship where I purchased certificates towards two future
cruises on Royal. They have not released the 2013 dates for the BTB I
want to do in August 2013. As soon as they release the dates, I will
use my certificates to book the cruises and get my OBC.

If you are in Celebrity's Captain's Club, you may be eligible for an
upgrade within the type of cabin. For example from a lower level ocean
view to a higher level ocean view or a lower level veranda to a higher
level veranda. The upgrades do not go out of the category.

The Celebrity cruise I booked on the Royal ship was 15 months in the
future. I sail on that cruise in April and, to date, have expended $200
to reserve it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas