Old March 4th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Not the Karl Orff

Default Heathrow or surrounding area hotels for an unreserved overnight stay

In article ,
(Poetic Justice) wrote:

I will more than likely miss my connecting flight due to a 4hr ATC
strike in Italy.
My flights are on BA (Rome-LHR-Boston) although I don't see this as
BA's fault but if they offer an overnight stay I will gladly accept.
It will be on a Sunday evening and hopefully I will be able to get a
Monday flight to Boston.
Anything close by with a hotel shuttle or a short taxi ride. Or a
connecting airport hotel with a weekend discount? I assume there is also
a Hotel Reservations desk in Terminal 1.
I'm getting to old to sleep in an airport but I would like something ~
€200 or less.

There is a Hilton attached by walkway to T4 which is probnably where
BA's flights to BOS would depart from (might have changed since last
month).

Other hotels are further away (not walkable) and required a paid shuttle
(not free) bus or supposedly may be within a free bus zone