Old September 19th, 2009, 09:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Getting insurance

[Default] On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:40:19 +0100, Hiram
offered the following words of wisdom:

John H wrote:
Why not ask your agent who arranged your travel flights accomodation etc.

I've tried a few high street agents - all the same story, 30 days max
for travel cover. I want to make sure I have cover before I book the
flights.

Maybe things are different in the UK (if that's where you're
travelling from). But in New Zealand, we get our travel insurance
through our health insurance provider, Southern Cross. But the rate
goes up considerably if we spend any time in the USA. Otherwise, there
are several insurance companies that offer similar products.

Also, some credit cards like MasterCard or charge cards like AMEX
offer free travel insurance if you pay for your flights with their
card.

My advice: look in your Yellow Pages and ring around the insurance
companies.