Old September 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Hiram

Default Getting insurance

lid wrote:

Maybe things are different in the UK (if that's where you're
travelling from). But in New Zealand, we get our travel insurance
through our health insurance provider,

That would be nice if I could - but we have a state health system, so
the private health system is really small. I don't have health
insurance unless I travel outside the UK.

Also, some credit cards like MasterCard or charge cards like AMEX
offer free travel insurance if you pay for your flights with their
card.

Yeah this has crossed my mind

My advice: look in your Yellow Pages and ring around the insurance
companies.

Yep, could do that, but I was kinda hoping to use the Internet.