Old October 9th, 2007, 11:03 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
kangaroo16

Default Reward for Illegal immigrants

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 08:17:40 +1000, "David Bennetts"
wrote in
:

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
.. .
kangaroo16 wrote:

I sincerely hope that the rest of Australia doesn't have a negative
attitude toward Texans. I'm planning on enriching Australia with my
Texas-tourist dollars in less than two weeks and would have preferred not
to be insulted before I even got there.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Janet

Do you really feel "insulted" by me, Janet? :-)

I don't think you'll find individual attitudes expressed on usenet are
typical of the population at large in any country.

Very true!

If the press I read is correct, there's one Texan who is not only unpopular
in this country, but is most unpopular at home as well.

He was elected, no? Not by direct popular vote, of course.
Electoral College, and all that.

Taking politics out of the equation, I believe you'll find the vast majority
of Australians themselves most welcoming toward American visitors, just as I
have found the vast majority of Americans themselves welcome Australians to
their country.

Would consider this as true.

Enjoy your visit.

Of course!