Old December 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default I'm gonna throw this out there

On 12/4/2011 8:00 AM, Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

Simpler explanation, to halt the hair splitting. Why go to a foreign
insurance company when one has a relationship with the insurance
company that insures your home and vehicle needs. One has a daily
relationship with their home/auto insurance company. If one purchases
cruise insurance through a travel agency or by a company one found
elsewhere, the relationship is 1 week, 10 days, or whatever length of
ones cruise, and that relationship exists once a year.

I would feel more comfortable if I had a health issue while cruising
and I called AAA to make arrangements to get me home, than if I called
the ACME cruise insurance company that I found on-line and saved
$25.00 a person. This situation is not where I want to discover there
are good insurance companies and there are bum insurance companies.
To me, I will not take the risk finding out if the insurance company
is the right one for me.

Frank

When you need to use the travel insurance, will your AAA agent actually
act as your intermediary to file a claim, or do you have to call the
insurance company directly? Because if you have to call the travel
insurance company yourself, then everything you just said is BS.

And also, what you're claiming would make a lot more sense if you were
also using AAA as your travel agent (you know they do that, right?). But
you've said you don't use one.

And once again, since the odds are very slim that AAA is underwriting
this travel insurance themselves, you're most likely buying ACME travel
insurance anyway, even if you don't want to believe it.

Bill