Old May 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
A Mate

Default phone service in AUS ...

Last year - I used local pre-paid sims in Ireland, Italy and Turkey. NO
charge for incoming!!

I also used Fido in Canada - a charge for incoming calls - and very poor
coverage. gsm is not the main cell system in Canada!!

"Alan" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:47:52 +1000, "A Mate"
wrote:

You only pay for incoming mobile calls in the USA and Canada as far as I
know. Certainly you only pay for outgoing in Australia and NZ (and
Europe!!).

All mobile phones pay the same for 'long distance' as for local (That

'long
distance higher rates' for cell phones is another North American

speciality.
All mobile phones have access to all network services.

Almost all of the EU countries charge for incoming.
At least they did last year, when I was there.

Cheers, Alan