Old September 20th, 2004, 04:12 PM
OughtFour

brenda wrote:
Thinking of flying into Toulouse, driving to Carcassonne & spending 3
nights there (is this too much?), then driving on through Perpignan &
Girona to Barcelona. Problem is, my husband doesn't drive in Europe
anymore & is totally down on the idea of me driving (trying not to be
insulted...). Anyway, has anyone done this and could you recommend a
private car & driver service Toulouse/Carcassonne, then 3 days later,
Carcassonne/Barcelona?

Had I three nights in that part of the world, I would not spend all of them
in Carcassonne. Tolouse is actually a marvelous city; why not spend the
first night there?

I can't advise about hiring a driver, but can't help but notice that all of
the cities you mention are linked by excellent rail service.

Have a great trip!