Old March 6th, 2007, 08:01 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.misc
Earl Evleth[_1_]

Default Ann Coulter on the Democrap Party candidates

On 6/03/07 6:08, in article , "Frank
F. Matthews" wrote:

Capitalist Pig wrote:

My! A gentleman doesn't call a lady such names, evleth. Ms Coulter
must have really got to you! (snicker)

He wasn't calling her names he was describing her behaviour. Now when I
called her a witch I was calling her names.

Coulter would not be able to find a job in journalism in France since
she does slander, something the Pig knows how to do too.

Her stuff is manufactured to be offensive. In that sense she has
prostituted herself to get published.

There is a area of American journalism which amounts to professional
prostitution. I refer to the op-ed page of the Wall Street Journal
as the "whore house page" of American journalism since to get published
there you have to write stuff that is to the satisfaction of the right wing
editors. I have seen otherwise hones scholars write things that they would
not otherwise write, and in an intellectually contrived manner.

They don't do "intellectual diversity" in that part of the paper.
The NY Times will publish op-ed items which are not in agreement
with their editorial positions. They have a mixture of op-ed
journalists.

On the other hand the Wall Street Journal's reporters to good reporting,
often enough items which point out various serious problems in the financial
industry. They are not squashed by the editors. The WSJ diversity shows up
at that level and overall makes it a great newspaper, except for the
whoring.

It was two WSJ reporters who broke the story on Enron, which is exciting
stuff to read even today. The story of Enron also erodes at the right
wing idea that government should be taken off the backs of businessmen
so they can practice the market economy and produce all the fruits is
is supposed to be capable of. That erosion goes against the bias of their
editors and the political class it represents.