Old January 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
4000 psi

Default AUD exchange rate?

Dave, have you ever heard of Joseph Campbell?

"Dave Campbell" wrote in message
Not sure I would go that far, but if you're going to be poor and sick
Australia is perhaps one of the better places to do it ;-)

If you want a leading indicator on exchange rates, watch out for upcoming
international events.... especially ones the major currency players think
they might like to take their families to see e. g. Olympic Games. The
economy was going strong back in 2000, but for some reason the currency

just
wouldn't climb. Without wanting to launch into major conspiracy theories,
was somebody with extraordinarily large feet standing on its toes? ;-)

Dave Campbell

"4000 psi" wrote in message
so what you are saying is that "it is better to be healthy and rich than
poor and sick"?

"ncurtis" wrote in message
om...
"4000 psi" wrote in message

i propose AUS for 51 state of USA ... my gut tells me its a perfect

match
... just a guess

Might as well propose the reverse:
-option to request non-delivery of junk mail
-couple of weeks "holiday" time (we'd have to stop calling it
"vacation leave")
-somewhat better healthcare coverage
-possibly other nifty perks, too.

But, to get back to the original question (and sort of stay in
scope)...all you can do is save up your pennies and monitor the
exchange rate. There will be a tilt back in favor of the USD one of
these years; it's the nature of currency exchange. (And hope you don't
get hit with a combination of extra work responsibilities and annoying
health problems, like I did during the last low of the AUD 8( .)

Nancy