Old March 13th, 2014, 04:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.travel.air,misc.consumers
Adam Kubias

Default MH370 - have they checked all passengers for flying experience,military service?

On 2014-03-13 9:23 AM, Home Guy wrote:
I wonder if they've done a background check of all passengers in terms
of flying experience, flight training, military service...

They need to publish the list of passengers - so the internet can do a
"crowd-source" background check and possibly they get some useful info
that wouldn't or didn't turn up using their normal investigative
methods.

It would have been useful (although somewhat creepy) to get a mug-shot
at the boarding gate of each passenger as they have their tickets
scanned and photo-id checked. The photo's don't need to be coordinated
with name or any text input, and the camera's memory card is only 1 or 2
gb and just gets recycled (uses same memory over and over again, new
pictures over-writing old ones). The only info that goes with each
picture is the time/date stamp.

When an incident happens, authorities go to the gate and pull the memory
card out of the camera. Otherwise, the camera is not connected to
network, is not accessible and therefore can't be tampered with,
pictures stolen or hacked, etc.

Release the pictures along with the name they think belongs to each
photo to the public.

Let the public weigh in on whether or not the info is correct, and
anything of interest about each person (ie - attended but flunked out of
flying school, former navy seal, CIA contractor, huge gambling debt,
recently obtained life insurance policy, divorced / lost custody of
kids, etc).

The American media has spun this into a story of a terrorist attack by
focusing on the stolen passports. What percentage of Malaysia-China
flight don't have passengers using false passports? Probably 50%, its
not a big deal. Its how SE asians get around since if you use a
Phillipino passport (for example) then you can't get a visa in any country.

Just take a chill pill, Yankees. Believe or not, I feel safer knowing
that every American citizen does not have NSA-style access to my
personal information - whether or not I'm on a missing plane.