Old March 29th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Bad Bart

Default Copper Canyon Road Trip Questions

Many thanks again, Dennis, for the additional information and for clarifying
the fact that there are two distinct trains, one for each class. You've been
a huge help.

It seems you've traveled a lot by road through much of Mexico, so here's
another question for you: Would you have any idea if the trip from Nuevo
Casas Grandes to Basaseachic could be comfortably done in one day? I am
planning to go via Madera and La Junta, Hwys. 10, 28, 23, and 16.
Kilometer-wise it looks very doable, but do you know anything about the road
conditions or other possible delays on that route?

Nuevamente gracias mil. Muy amable!

Bart

"Technobarbarian" wrote in message

"Bad Bart" wrote in message
. com...

I have a couple of further questions about the train: Just to clarify,

when
you said that tickets are "sold on the train as a matter of course," you
meant that second class tickets can be bought right on the spot prior to
departure, yes?

In Creel you actually buy tickets from the conducter after you've
boarded the train. The conducter comes around with a handheld electronic
device that prints out the tickets. Tickets are not sold at the station.
They are sold at the station in Los Mochis.

And is it correct that there are two distinct trains, one
first class and the other second? (I had been thinking there was only

one
train each way each day with both first- and second-class cars.)

There are two distinct trains that travel about an hour apart, with

the
first class train in the lead.

Also do you know if Creel has an ATM?

You know, there must be one there somewhere, but I don't remember
seeing it, or a bank. Pretty much every bank in Mexico has an ATM, but I
don't recall having seen either in Creel.

Dennis