Old February 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.railway,uk.politics.misc
chunkyoldcortina

Default Ryanair to abolish check-in desks

MC wrote:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:26:34 on Sun, 22 Feb
2009, tim..... remarked:

That was a problem when we had toddlers and used to carry milk (for
feeding). Of course, that has other "issues" now as well. The only time
someone tried to bounce my hand baggage as overweight was Emirates (7kg I
think). It was a while ago, but I probably transferred a book to my
checked luggage.
--

Qantas weighed my wifes carry bag once and found it was a couple of kilo
over so rather than make us put the stuff in our cases they "gave" us one of

That is a real problem in the event of severe turbulence, and I would imagine
that loose/flying objects are the main cause of injuries in such situations.
Closely followed I expect from injuries to people who were not wearing
seatbelts (so they become the loose/flying object).

I've heard of occasions when people's heads are forced into the bottom of the
overhead bins with them ending up as paraplegics. Nasty.

Most airline & aviation "rules" are there for safety first and foremost.