Old April 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

Default Rome, Coast to Sperlonga & Amalfi Coast Trip

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:32:28 +0100, Lynda
wrote:

Hi

I am taking a 5 night trip to Italy in a few weeks with my husband and
plan the following:

Day 1 - arrive/get to hotel on the outskirts of Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - head to the coast and travel down the coast to hotel at
Sperlonga
Day 4 - drive as far down the Amalfi coast and back as we can
Day 5 - leisure in or around Sperlonga

In Rome I want to see the Colleseum and the Trevi fountain - they are
my must sees. Although we only have a day, it will be a long day and
I'd like to think we'll see more than those two things. I wondered if
people had any "hidden gems" - quaint streets, pretty sights, not
necesarily tourist sights, in fact, quite the opposite. I love
photography - of people, places etc if that helps, i.e. I'm not
particularly interested in museums and art galleries.

And the same question for days 3, 4 and 5 really - what are the "must
sees" or your favourite things to see that are not even tourist
attractions.

Thanks very much in anticipation!

Lynda

Include the Forum - it's right next to the Colosseum anyway.
And, if there's time, the Vatican Museum (it's more than
that) will provide some great photos.

If you're driving to the Amalfi coast, consider including
Pompeii in your travels.
On driving, I say a little more about that he
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2006/11/italy.html

Take it easy and don't be in a hurry:-)
Cheers, Alan, Australia
--