Old December 18th, 2008, 06:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tobie Gerbrandt

Default Winter in Las Vegas

Hi Nonny

You just HAD to boast about your snow, didn't you?

We had about 2 feet of the white stuff on the weekend (more than we usually
get all year). We got out on Tuesday for groceries, etc, then it started
again last night and we have about 4" of fresh slippery stuff now. Most of
the roads have been closed to traffic for most of the evening.

i hope it stops before christmas so we can get out to Barb's cousin's place
for turkey dinner next week.

Down there, you just have to wait about an hour and it will be all gone.
:-)

We're glad you two got home, safe and sound!!

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Those of you who cruise out of the Port of Las Vegas (Henderson arm) might
be interested to know that we have around 4" of snow in the yard at the
moment, with more predicted by morning. Flights destined to land in LV
were canceled this afternoon due to low visibility, including flights
departing LV. We were in TX visiting the kids and made it into the air
from Phoenix just in time to avoid the landing hold, so we got home only
about an hour later than expected.

With our roads being so sloped, the wet snow is ice-like and it's a good
time to stay home and let it melt off. OTOH, the snow on our palms is
both unusual and quite attractive.
--
Nonnymus-

Suppose you were an idiot.
And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.

-Mark Twain