Old January 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Default Banned From Bidding For Travel

Charles wrote:

Interesting. I have posted about winning bids there and did use their
link. It does seem impolite to get info there for bids and not use
their link because they do have costs to maintain the site. Still
banning you is not right.

While I agree to a point, Charles, I received one request (or what I
thought was a "request") to use their bidding partner. Next thing I
knew, I was banned. I understand the need for dollars, but what good is
the site without INFORMATION??

I guess she would rather I lurk and use other people's posts than add to
the pool with my own. This is a business model that just doesn't make
any sense to me.

I'm aware that we can try to change our IP address. Also aware that
will eventually change all by itself. Thanks for the helpful hints, though.

Until then, I'll log on from work when I need comparative bidding info.
And I'll NEVER promote or contribute to the site again.

~ Peri