Old March 6th, 2010, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

Default Lessons learned cruising

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Brian K
wrote:

Harry, on the Holland America Lines cruises I've been on each time
before going ashore they offered some quick tips about what to see, and
how to shop. They even gave us these little booklets advising how to
get the best price. These mini seminars are usually offered in the
morning, so if you are a late riser you may miss them.

The tips by the shopping lecturers are to steer you to shops where they
have a deal with the merchants. Best to do your own research ahead of
time.

--
Charles

I agree, Charles, and the information, though biased, can be useful.
However, I was thinking more on the order of information you could gain
before cruising. Part of the fun is the planning which could include
knowing about emeralds in Columbia, black pearls in Bora Bora, opals in
Australia, etc. I didn't know that I needed to know about those things.
It's more fun to be in control.

Harry Cooper