Old October 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
AKT

Default Delhi hotels

In article , Alfred Molon
wrote:

: Well, Connaught place is not really a nice place to be. See here how it
: looks:
: http://www.molon.de/galleries/India/.../img.php?pic=1
:
: I wouldn't spend more than half an hour there.

Well these guys have been to Delhi before, when they had a friend to
host them, so I assume they liked CP or some parts of it enough to go
there again.

I know by personality they have no interest in old ruins and monuments,
but would be interested in markets and street life, fancy as well as
down to earth.

However they did say they don't have to stay in CP and could take an
auto to/from hotel. So I could suggest something else.

Which area of delhi would you pick to stay in? For stay as well as
vicinity to interesting stuff. How is Karolbagh?

: (ii) Next time, they arrive during the day, would like 1-2 days in CP
: again, but have to catch of those dreaded 1AM flights.
:
: They are experienced travelers and don't expect luxury, but would like
: an "age-appropriate" (how they put it) clean, comfortable, quiet, safe
: hotel.
:
: Which hotel do you know that will provide the best value? CP location
: would be good, but something a quick auto ride away acceptable.
:
: The reason I mentioned 1AM flight is that would want to shower at 7-8
: PM and leave for the airport by 8-9 PM. So, if possible, they would not
: like to pay for a night they don't sleep. Would any hotel allow shower
: facilities, even in the gym area, even at some charge?
:
: That is indeed possible with some hotels, but I don't know which ones
: exactly.
:
: Thanks for any info or ideas.
:
: There are other, more interesting things to see in Delhi. See here what
: Delhi has to offer:
: http://www.molon.de/galleries/India/Delhi/