Old October 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

In article . com, Rick
wrote:

Casual Fridays are now Monday thru Friday. Why, because the days of
the white shirts and ties are long gone. Even at IBM! Suits and
ties don't even belong on Wall Street. Why should they on Vacations?

Suits and ties are still standard business attire in the Northeast.

Vacations are another matter. The formal dinner evenings have been a
cruise vacation tradition. Certainly they would not be part of a
camping vacation. To me the old saying of when in Rome do as the Romans
applies. I find that people are still wearing suits or tuxes on formal
evenings, 95% are doing that--- so I am still wearing my tux. If you
want to be a rebel, fine. I don't care. I choose not to be a rebel in
this matter at this time.

I don't ned to impress anyone or put on aires that I'm someone I'm
not. You should either. Nor should you feel guilty for it.

Why would dressing up be putting on airs or trying to impress anyone?

--
Charles