Old November 29th, 2008, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
pg[_2_]

Default Is there a bagage check in Sens?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 16:55:24 +0000, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

= We'll be passing through Sens on the way from Dijon to Paris.

And you want to know if some official people will get on the train
to look at your bags?

How quaint

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but it's just another term
for
left-luggage.

Not in Europe.

You knew what he meant.

To be honest, initially I didn't.

Well, you learned something then!

It is useful, as some Americans will look at you oddly in the US when
you ask where "left-luggage" is. I think they call it parcel check at NY
Penn station...

I can't recall ever having to ask.

I did say initially, I recalled something I knew already.

Anyway where did he mention trains?

He didn't. It's a safe assumption.

No assumption is safe on RTE when daft questions are being asked. I
assumed
troll.

If I bother to answer a question on RTE, I'm not really doing it for the
person asking the question. (Though Bruce K is not an unknown poster
here, and not a troll IME.) I'm doing it for a wider readership, though
ultimately myself- IOW, what would I do to find out if a French station
had left luggage...

or a town?

Just to back you up ever so slightly on this, despite having lived in all
manner of countries (except for the US), I was as clueless as you were about
the original enquiry.

pg
http://frogblog-thaidings.blogspot.com/