Old August 8th, 2005, 06:17 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Brian" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 05:22:00 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

According to the article, there is only one plaintiff so far.

According to the article, it was filed as a class action suit. The
lawyer will be trolling for more. If it's certified, then everyone
will be a member of the class unless hey opt out.

I think that these stupid class actions really are of no benefit
to society. I have no problem with them sueing someone who
is actually negligent (like possibly the pilot [1]), but simply
sueing everbody who might have contributed to the accident
in a tiny way by doing nothing more (or less) than everbody
else in the same job is unhelpful. It's not even as if anybody
died.

Boy, am I glad that the attempt to move this practice to Europe
was given the response it deserves.

tim

[1] But of course they don't do this because they can't
afford to pay out