Old December 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Richard Henry

"Paul Burke" wrote in message
jsmith wrote:
The secularists have been chipping away at the word Christmas for a

number
of years now and are substituting irrelevant (religious ??) concoctions

diminish the value of the celebration of the birth of Christ.

Keep your sticky fingers off our Yule. We (humans) were celebrating the
Winter Solstice thousands of years before you traduced the teachings of
Bar Yussuf.

Might be the last one this time though. We can't find any virgins in the
village this year, so the sun might never come back...

We had a solar situation at work earlier this month. The building has a
long (over 600 feet), straight corridor on the second floor with glassed-in
stairways on either end. The corridor is aligned slightly south of east to
slightly north of west. On December 3, the rising sun (about 6:40) shone
right through the building from end to end. There was some talk of
sacrificing a virgin tin the coffee-room midway down the corridor; however,
there was doubt expressed that one could be found in the building.