Old January 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
mrraveltay

Default Should I buy the airfare through Princess Cruises.

Joyce Johnston wrote:

Hi all

I live in Casper, WY and my family is planning a cruise to Alaska this
coming June. Just wondering if we should buy the airfare through
Princess Cruises. A friend came across a website called buying cruises
dot com or something like that and they offer airfare through the
cruise company from Casper that is just as cheap as what our local
travel agent can get us out of Denver. Should we buy the airfare
through Princess or can we do better on our own?

That depends.. You have already stated the fare was the same as your TA
could get out of Denver. You didn't mention what your TA could get you
out of Casper. Other things to consider. Can you TA get you the same
cruies/air rate as the online site?

1. Does the cruise air rate include the travel to and from the ship.
(usually, it does)

2. In the event of a flight problem, do you plan to buy travel insurance
that will get you to the ship? If you book air travel through the cruise
line, generally they assist you in the event of a flight problem.