Old March 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM

Hi all,

I've got a 4-day weekend planned. Going from Austin, TX into LAX

3/18.
From there, planning to drive around LA, down through, San Clemente,

SanDiego and briefly (on foot) over to Tijuana, then back to LAX

3/21.

We're a couple, late 20's, young professionals. We enjoy adventurous,
thrill-type activities. We also want to see what the area has to

offer
that we can't see anywhere else. Hollywood-type attractions might be
nice in LA. What's good to do in San Diego or along the rest of the
way? All we've planned so far is air and car, as we like to create

the
rest of our trip on the fly, but don't want to waste time trying to
figure out what's good to do and the logistics of getting around to
them all once we get there due to the limited time.

If you have any suggestions, please post them here. I'd like to make
the most of this trip, as we haven't gotten to travel in almost a

year
and have not experienced this area of the country yet.

Thanks,

Chris & Pamela J.

On the way to S.D. you may want to check out Black's Beach. The cliffs
above the beach are used for hang gliding. The beach itself is a nude
beach, (unless the cops are 'cracking down').

Tijuana is a definite do not miss. Think of Beyond Thunder Dome with
cheap souviners, street beggers, and horrible ethnic food. TJ should
not be considered Mexico, it gives Mexicans a bad name.

The beach walk at Pacific Beach is great at sundown. Everyone stops
at the time the sun appoaches the horizon. Just as the sun goes below
the the ocean there is sometimes a brief flash of light. Applause at
nature's show signals the resumption of activity. Beer and a doobie
make this a worthwhile free experience.