Old September 24th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Warren H. Davis

Default "ATTENTION QE2 PASSENGERS/CREW: DISCOVERY CHANNEL SEEKING WITNESSES . . .

(CupCaked) wrote in message ...
. . . Aboard Queen Elizabeth 2 in Sept. 1995. Ship encountered
Hurricane Luis enroute to New York. Got hit by 90 foot rogue wave."
snipThey are looking to talk to passengers/crew personnel who
were aboard the Westbound Atlantic crossing in September 1995 when the
Queen Elizabeth 2 got hit by a rogue wave.

I wasn't on that particular crossing, but I *was* on the final
westbound crossing in December 1993 that was hit by a similar rogue.

I was sitting in a club chair on the promenade outside of the library
facing a window when it happened. All of the shelves in the library
toppled and I was splattered on to the window like a squashed bug on a
windshield. It was fascinatingly exhilerating and yet terrifying at
the same time - watching my entire field of vision filled with the
ocean's surface seemingly rising up towards me.

Was I ever so happy when the ship finally started its roll back to
starboard, except that's when I realized I was no longer safely in my
chair but now flat on my ass on the floor, with nothing but an angry
sky now filling the window.

(then I puked my guts out)

Warren