Old September 9th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Mike H

All that I know is that it is closed until Oct 1.
We had been scheduled to be there 9/25 - 10/2 ao we've
been rescheduled. We're currently planning on
10/2 - 10/9 so we're hoping the damage was relatively
minor. The Club Med Web site has this info, and we got
essentially the same info through our TA.

From what I know of the Columbus Isle construction,
construction in general, and hurricanes, I'd guess that
they had a lot of 'superficial' damage (roof singles,
wood trim pieces, etc.). Depending on just what
directions the winds came from, I suspect the sailing
shack may be 'history'.....

wrote:
any one know how it fared?