Old August 15th, 2012, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Karen

Default cape cod canal

Jaap wrote:
On Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:23:31 PM UTC-4, mary gauvin wrote:
Do any cruise the canal. I live fairly near it and I have never seen

cruise ship.

I don't think the Canal's bridges van clear any of todays cruise
ships.
The dept of 32 feet is enough for most but the 135 feet height limit
for bridges would only allow small cruiseships.

I have done CCC transits on both the Deutschland and the Silver Whisper.
Both transited at night, which is why you probably don't see ships
going through.

Karen