Old November 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Louis Krupp

Default Hanging up a suit in coach

Ken Litwak wrote:
Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,
Ken Litwak wrote:

I'm soon going to be taking a cross-country trip, from the west
coast to the east coast, a six-hour trip. I'm flying in coach on
American on a 757, out on a red eye and back in late afternoon. I'm
going for a job interview at a conference and I'm taking a suit. What
I want to know is: can I get a flight attendant to hang up my
suit? In the past, on some flights, some flight attendants have done
that. At other times, I've had to stuff it in the overhead
compartment,which is hardly what I need before an interview. Is there
a place in coach on a 757 to hang passenger clothes? Is there a
strategy to get to use it? Thanks.

Good luck on the interview. Don't worry about it. Bring a nice perma
press suit and just give it a quick iron in your hotel prior to your
interview.

Thanks but the problem is, the interview is happening before the
official check in time. Thanks.

As another poster suggested in a different thread, leave earlier, and
arrive the evening before your interview. LAX to BOS takes maybe five
hours; if you're lucky, you'll get maybe four hours of sleep on the
flight, you'll have nowhere to sleep when you get to Boston, you'll be a
basket case, and wrinkles in your suit will be the least of your worries.

Another suggestion: Network. Find someone going to the convention who
*is* getting in the night before, and ask if you can use his or her
shower. That will take care of one of your problems, maybe two if you
can use the other person's hotel room to take a nap.

Back to the suit. There are ways of packing things to minimize
wrinkles, so there is hope. When you take a shower in the colleague's
room, hang your suit up in the bathroom. This will help smooth out any
wrinkles.

Plan to take a nap just before your interview. You might stay coherent
just long enough to sound like your usual intelligent self. *And* your
interviewer will be secretly impressed that you pulled it off just hours
after a red-eye flight.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be rooting for you.

Louis