Old June 13th, 2011, 05:01 AM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Gerald Oliver Swift

Default Iguazu Falls when you're in a wheelchair

"AGW" wrote in message
Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a paraplegic
(male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot walk, I can
transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the area has been
designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who have been the
how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps steep? Are there
viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both specific to access
and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

See:-
http://www.iguazuargentina.com/espan...pasarelas.html
and
http://www.cataratasdoiguacu.com.br/deficientes_en.asp