Old February 23rd, 2006, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default MOAGC CELEBRITY INFINITY REVIEW 2/5/2006 - 2/12/2006

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

On the vanity, was a tubular vase of pink alstroemeria..the vase was made up
of about eight tubular sections that you could shape into a semi-circle,
zig-zag or just a straight line...lovely touch. .

I loved the fresh flowers, but didn't know what they were called. Here
is a picture of them, the ones in my cabin, not in Jeans(grin).
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...14545039ZxjGyS

The bathroom was enormous---about 7x 8 ft. with a shower 3' x 5' that had a
hand held shower head, two wire shelves and a vinyl covered seat that you
could fold down if you wished...typical of a handicapped bathroom I
guess..The only downfall was that the lip around the shower stall was very
low...water sloshed out whenever we took showers while ship was moving...the
drain was in the wrong corner...back against the wall instead of the front
where all the water ran..Some water escaped even when the ship was not
moving!

The other reason you had a problem with the water escaping, was that
being a handicapped shower it didn't have the large lip that our
shower had. That is one downside of having a handicapped cabin if you
don't need it.

Concierge Class passengers had lovely large peach towels and bath mats (2)
alternating with mint green ones every few days..The washcloths were rolled
and placed in an X position on the sink..reminding you that you were on
Celebrity!

These were the best towels we had on any cruise so far.

I must say that the food was quite good..almost as good as on our last
Conquest cruise! Seriously, we had no complaints in this area..Even found
the chocolate croissants that Tom is always talking about! The coffee on
this ship was very much to my liking.

I agree with you about the food being "almost" as good as on the
Conquest, but not quite there. All of the beef was very good, but some
of it could of been a little more tender.

Room service was very good..prompt and the menu choices were far more
extensive than on the Opera. What I especially liked was that they phoned
just before delivery to tell you it was on the way...Had scrambled eggs with
fresh asparagus tips one morning... We enjoyed eating out on that huge
balcony..We had a large, round, white metal table, two small round metal
tables, 2 navy padded chaise lounges and two navy padded chairs..

Those scrambled eggs with asparagus were very, very good. We loved
having breakfast on our aft balcony and being in CC like you were, we
had a wonderful breakfast menu to choose from. The only problem with
our breakfasts was that the food wasn't always hot.

...Some one
mentioned that the ship was due to go into dry-dock next month...maybe that
is why I did not see any painting or maintenance, even while we were in
port.

Yes, the Infinity is going into dry dock mid march.

The begging for *Excellent* on the comment cards..This was from the
assistant maitre d's on down.. The waiter told us that the cruise line did
not accept anything less than excellent as suitable and it determined their
chances to continue employment and promotional opportunities.. This was very
uncomfortable for me to witness...Not only did the CD give his usual spiel
as to how hard they worked to get that *excellent* but to have that appeal
made to you by the waiters and crew that seated you in the dining room at
lunch and dinner time was a bit much.

Funny, but Kevin and I commented to each other that our wait-staff and
Assistant Maitre'd did NOT do the normal begging. My guess is that
you were in a different part of the dining room and had a different
staff. The CD I never pay any attention to, so I can't say if he
begged or not.

The Thalassotherapy Pool:
What a wonderful pool! It was all adult and soooo peaceful..How I wish the
cough that I had at the time, had not prevented me from going into it...The
whirlpools were wild with water tumbling vigorously ...Some nooks in the
pool itself had whirlpool jets..Everyone seemed to be having a ball when we
were there...I know George, Sue, Kevin, Becca sure enjoyed frolicking in it
while we watched. ;-(

I also wish you could of joined us in the T-pool. I loved the it, but
didn't care for those metal tubes that you were supposed to lay on. I
did enjoy being in the water, it reminded me of the time we spent in
the ocean in Montego Bay. Just floating in the water and talking. My
only problem with the whirlpools is that they were not hot enough, but
this seems to be a common problem on ships these days.

Jean, thanks again for a very good review!

sue