Old April 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Airside security check at FRA

While I have no idea about FRA in particular, I just went through AMS
and every gate (that I went through and/or walked past) had individual
security. Basically AMS seemed to be saying "fine, you just got off a
plane, we're not sure we trust the airport you came from." This also
allows them to apply country specific checks to things (think USA and
knives).

cheers

bruce

" writes:

When I made a connection af Frankfurt from a Lufthansa filght at one of
the A gates to a United flight at one of the C gates, I had to go
through an air side security check point. Or, at least, it never felt
like I left the secured areas. Why did they do this? Was it just a
ploy to reduce German unemployment, or do passengers arriving on LH
present more of a risk?

--
It's not really that bad, There is no other (economic) choice, I don't know
about that, There's nothing we can do about that. - Dave Pollard

Bruce O'Neel -
http://homepage.iprolink.ch/~bioneel/beo/beo.html - daily stuff