Old September 10th, 2010, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Train Schedules, Prices

In article ,
Martin wrote:

There's nothing in the above eulogy that appeals to me in the slightest.
would hate the idea of having a set routine each day while on holiday.
I'm
leaving for France in a few days - we'll drive down to the south and
hope to
get to Corsica for a few days. Apart from the first night I've no idea
where
we'll spend each evening, which to me is what makes the travelling
enjoyable.

Well it's different if you're traveling from another continent and
you're going to some of these smaller towns, you don't know what kind of
accommodations would be available.

er.. guide books...internet.....travel groups ;-)

Tripadvisor.

That's my point, people are going to do the research ahead of time,
especially if they're coming a long distance.

Jumping on Ryanair at the last minute to travel a few hundred miles and
playing it off the cuff is a different thing than an intercontinental
trip.