Old May 24th, 2015, 12:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default Scenic driving Greece Recommendations for detailed map of Greece?

On 2011-06-05 06:30:47 +0000, george said:

My favorite times in Greece were actually driving through the
countryside searching for some of these obscure sites with poor out of
date maps. Usually an excellent time whether we were successful or
not as the drives through some unpopulated areas can be excellent in
themselves.

I'll second that. I visited back in October and it was wonderful!

Something I didn't anticiapte is the number of older people looking for a ride

Returning to Monemvasia from a trip out looking for Pausanius ruins on
the far side of the Malea penninsula, I came across a older lady in one
of the hill towns, looking for a ride back, with her load of olives she
had picked all day.

George

--
Dan Stephenson