Old January 13th, 2015, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake, MVP

Default Hotel in Vienna

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 09:11:36 +0100, Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2015-01-09 22:52:10 +0000, Ken Blake, MVP said:

In June of 2016, my wife and I will be on vacation in Vienna for a
week. Can someone recommend a hotel? We'd like one that is central,
near most of the museums, other tourist sites, and good restaurants.
If necessary, I'd be willing to pay up to 150 Euros a night, but I'd
prefer it to be closer to 100 Euros.

I stayed (by myself) at the Hotel Austria, Am Fleischmarkt 20, Vienna,
three or four years ago. As far I remember it fulfils all your criteria
and wasn't too expensive.

The hotel doesn't need to be luxurious, but it should be clean and
comfortable, in a safe neighborhood. And it should have an elevator;
we don't want to have to walk up stairs to get to our room.

I don't remember, but I think there was a lift.

It's not absolutely necessary, but I'd like it have free Wi-Fi.

There was a computer in the lobby with free internet access. I don't
remember if there was free WiFi specifically.

I see that some hotels have air conditioning, but others don't. Will
we need AC in Vienna in June?

I would guess no, unless you hit a heat wave.

Thanks very much. I'll look into it.