Old March 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NWLB

Default Cruise Critic Censorship

On Mar 9, 1:46*pm, Ermalee McCauley wrote:
wrote:
Hi everyone,

You may have heard of this, sorry if it's a re-do. Cruise Critic is
now deleting anything and everything that mentions 'Royal Champions'
or an article that connects CC to a campaign where RCI is giving
certain select people *percs for positive post about RCI, hence their
name 'Royal Champions.
Cruise Critic, a very well known and used cruise forum, really seems
to be doing whatever it takes to sweep this under the rug, making them
look like co-horts with RCI, which really deminishes their standing
with cruisers, and is giving anyone who is a 'Royal Champion' a bad
name and making even them look like they are not to be trusted, even
though some have been very helpful posters at CC, even before this
program.
Here's a link to the article in case you haven't seen or heard about
this:
http://www.tripso.com/columns/royal-...l-with-their-r...

I don't know how to become a Royal Champion. *I have cruised many times
with Royal Caribbean and on my last one a few months ago, I had a key to
the concierge lounge. *Never heard of Royal Champions until very recently.

Ermalee

The entire thing is that you don't "get to become" anything. They
pick you. And what has set the world on fire it seems, is that more
folks are finally reading the months old notes about the group. Mind
you, it was a non-secret from the start. But some of the CC members
got stars in their eyes, others heard about it and thought they just
had to kiss-butt enough to "get there." The thing is that there was
never any "there" to get. I was called personally because they, the
marketing company that generated the list of people, posters, etc,
knew of my website. I seem to recall some confusion, because CC
couldn't fully connect RCI's marketing department with some of the
members. CC had some of its members on the same Liberty of the Seas
cruise I was on. Indeed, I thought it might have been because of the
fact I have an account there, that they found me. Heck, I was even
chatting with the posters who went on that cruise, in the CC forum on
the cruise, out of my own initial confusion.

The thing is, some of these people couldn't see to disclose their
status as most people are taught. For the most part it was not much
more than as if you won a contest you didn't know you were in. For my
part, I treat the chances as boons, not entitlements. I do tend to be
positive in my approach, but always say when or if something has any
tie with a RC perk. But that is different from being a poster on CC
or CM. I

Caveat Emptor

NWLB
www.RoyalCaribbeanFan.com