Old January 28th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Dan Stephenson

In article , Tony McCann
wrote:

Does anyone have information about day tours to P or H. Is one location
better than the other. I have heard that H is better. Would visiting both
in one day be rushed?
Tony McCann

I liked both and would recommend spending one day for each. One day
for both would not let you see enough, particularly of Pompeii.

Herculaneum is better preserved in many ways as compared to Pompeii,
but Pompeii is larger - a real city - including theatres and an arena.
Herculaneum is more like a resort village on the sea.

I spent all day at Pompeii and did not finish - it is just huge. You
can see all of Herculaneum in one day.

Something else to consider is that a lot of the artifacts from the
sites are in the National Archeological Museum in Naples. This
includes the awesome Battle of Issus mosaic depicting the charge of
Alexander the Great to Darius, the emperor of Persia.

Here are some links that might help:

http://homepage.mac.com/stepheda/Gra...toAlbum60.html

http://homepage.mac.com/stepheda/Gra...toAlbum62.html

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos and movies from US Parks and all over Europe: