Old March 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sheila Page[_2_]

Default Best Freanc Chateau

In message . com, Mike
Lane writes
tim.... wrote on Mar 3, 2012:

I know that this groups pretty much dead, but I'll try and see if I can
muster up a meaningful discussion.

If I were to undertake a (driving) tour of the French Chateaux, what would
be the ones that you would consider "must see"

If you mean the Chateaux of the Loire Valley, the most impressive, not to be
missed, is probably Chambord. The exterior is amazing and inside it's quite
interesting as well. It has the famous double-helix staircase (like the DNA
molecule), which some say was designed by Leonardo da Vinci (though no one
knows for certain).

Chenonceau is also good, built actually in the river just to be different.

Amboise, for the location and the chapel.

Villandry for the garden...

Sheila
--
---