Old March 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

Default Best Freanc Chateau

"Tim" writes:
If I were to undertake a (driving) tour of the French Chateaux, what would
be the ones that you would consider "must see"

My wife and I actually did this last year, but we did the usual thing
of trying to visit too many places in too little time. We ended up
visiting seven chateaux in two days, but we only went inside two of
them (the last two listed), so it was something of a lightning tour:

1. Angers
2. Saumur
3. Ussé (Rigny-Ussé)
4. Azay-le-Rideau
5. Villandry
6. Cheverny
7. Chambord (been there before)

We would have done one more -- which one slips my mind -- if not for
the fact that at Azay-le-Rideau, not only the building but the grounds
(it was the exterior that we want to see there anyway) closed at 5 pm.

These are fine buildings and we had a good time anyway.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This one isn't close. It's not even close to