Old February 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air

Default Paying to get on first

Jim Ley wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 23:28:58 +0000,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy) wrote:

Wasn't it you that was enthusing about his cheap hotels without windows?
Well, out of curiosity, I've booked one for next week in London. The
remote to operate the "large screen" TV in the room is apparently £5.

How much did you pay, looking for a month away it appears to be about
45 quid a night?

£40

As a comparison I booked a Zone 5 travellodge 10 days away for 26 quid
and 6 weeks away for 10 quid, sure it's zone 5, but that's only 30
minutes and a travel card from waterloo and car-parking is free. You
also get a TV, coffee stuff, and a sofa...

I always go with the travellodge when I can at £26, and I've stayed a
few times recently at the one near London Liverpool Street for that
price. There was simply nothing available that night- and I thought it
would be interesting to try Easyhotel.

I agree that travellodge is a better option if you get the £26 deal.

Why do you stay in London hotels? I thought you lived there!

--
David Horne-
http://www.davidhorne.net