Old March 9th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Dave Smith

I was crossing the border from Canada to NY about 2 years ago(June
2003) and had my radar detector confiscated by a policeman on the
canadian side. I never paid the ticket.

The issue is I am planning a trip to Montreal for this summer and am
concerned about having problems while crossing the border related to
this unpaid ticket.

Your licence would likely have been suspended and you should have
received a notice of the fine owing and a suspension notice. Ontario
has reciprocal agreements with most US states for suspension, including
suspension for unpaid fines. As far as I know, Quebec has the same
arrangements. They may not do anything at the border, but if you get
pulled over for something else, and it has apparently happened to you
before, they will deal with it.