Old May 12th, 2014, 11:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Barge Hire on English Rivers ?

On Monday, May 12, 2014 11:44:57 AM UTC+1, Travel_Poster wrote:
Anyone ever hired a barge/riverboat in England?

The wife and I fancy doing this. Is a licence/permit required? Companies

doing this sort of stuff? Costs?

Thanks.

--

Travel Poster

Such services are available all over.
No 'driving licence' required! Most services will give an hour or so's tuition to start you off.
Just Google the area/canal you favour and there'll be online info abounding!
Longboats on canals are maybe the most popular, or (which we favour) 2/4 berth riverboats on, for instance, the Norfolk Broads, Thames, etc.

Enjoy!