Old February 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Joseph Coulter[_5_]

Default What Should I Do in New Zealand?

ebeaudry wrote in
:

Hi,

I am thinking about possibly going to New Zealand for about a week. I
saw a video with a train ride to Auckland. I noticed that there is
one that leaves from Christchurch and arrives in Auckland the next day
with a night in Wellington (there's also an option to stay an extra
day in Wellington as well). Has anyone taken this railway before? I
believe it's called the TranzCostal and the Overlander.

Be aware that the train from Christchurch in question here is also a
ferry ride. I think that the trains on the South Island have more to
offer than the North Island in terms of dramatic scenery but it is a
good way to et up and down the country as well.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

877 832 2021