Old March 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane

Default Hotel guides for Switzerland and Italy?

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:02:19 +0000, David Horne, _the_ chancellor (* wrote
(in article ):

I like Guide Routard, but the one I've used (Andalucia) still focussed
mainly on towns. Fine for us, but not for the OP I suspect.

Ah well, you may be right I'm afraid. As I said I'll look into it, but the
trouble is that whilst many of these guides have a few morsels of useful
information, we just can't take them all with us. The Holy Grail I am
searching for is one or two volumes with just hotel information in them and
very little else. (The Logis Guide comes close.)

By the way one other source I take with me is my trusty GPS. This has a
sizeable database of hotels covering most of Europe. The problem here is that
it doesn't contain any information about each entry apart from its name and
position. So one can turn up at the local Grand Palace or a dodgy doss-house.
Mind you there have been times when we would happily take either :-)

--
Mike Lane (UK North Yorkshire)
To contact me replace invalid with mike underscore lane