Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:17 AM posted to rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.cruises
GodsOnSafari

Default TR: Norwegian Pearl Pt. 5: Doing Nothing is Awesome (1/5-1/8/2012)

We just returned from a week from San Diego to points slightly further
south & slightly more Latino -- the Mexican Riviera.

Which line, BTW?

Initially, we had grandiose plans of snorkeling & parasailing, but
after one afternoon in Cabo (No Gracias! No Gracias!), it was decided
by our committee of two that time would be better spent in a cabana on
the Snot-Free Deck at the aft of the ship.

I think with the generic "everyone goes here" ports like St. Maarten,
St. Thomas, Cozumel, et al, that's definitely true. I haven't taken a
Mexican Riviera cruise yet, and honestly, I'm not in a giant rush to
do so. Maybe at some point I'll come to agree with that universally,
but give me a few more big line cruises in the tropics before I make
such assertions.

I did have two other firsts on this trip -- in my 41 years on this
planet, nobody has ever offered to sell me drugs (cigar salesmen in
Cabo), and I've never had the pleasure of being offered a "Happy
Ending" during a massage -- 3 feet away from my wife during our
couple's massage, no less. I did have to decline. This was in a nice
upscale place in Cabo, not on the ship btw. Still, a $60 80/min
massage has to have some add-on's to make it profitable, I'm guessing.

Ah. Mexico. Wouldn't it be really awesome if they just stopped leaving
decapitated bodies around?

But, doing nothing was just what the doctor ordered for me after 4
years of interrupted sleep with two occasionally neurotic kiddos.

I believe it. Thanks for reading!