Old November 13th, 2003, 03:18 PM
David Horne

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

Deep Freud Moors wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:58:57 +0000, Marie Lewis
wrote:

In article , Deep Freud
Moors writes
(Imagine how my girlfriend feels when I do that. If she ever annoys me
too much, I just mess my French up just enough so that she explodes!
She still hasn't figured out I do it on purpose yet!)

I do not believe that you "messed up " your French on purpose.

No, that's nothing like I would have done...

It is a typical male reaction to the revelation of his ignorance.

It's a male thing, yes. Can you please plonk me now, Marie?

Hey, watch it- she might report you!

In the Corrie group (rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st) a while back, she
wrote:

"The clique is at it again. OK. I surrender. I shall unsubscribe.
But I shall report you."

IIRC, that particular flame started because Marie had incorrectly
followed up to a post, putting her terse comment within the quotation
marks of the poster she was following up to. There _is_ a history there
though.

David

--
David Horne- website under re-construction
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk